Seafood Paella Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Seafood Paella.
- 2 pcs Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 (8 - ounce) bottles clam juice
- Herb Blend:
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 kg white-flesh fish fillet
- 16 unpeeled jumbo shrimp (about 1/2 kilo)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 cups uncooked Arborio rice or other short-grain rice
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 16 littleneck clams
- 1 (7 - ounce) jar sliced pimento (drained)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- To make a flavourful paella make sure you start with a good broth. Here's how to prepare the broth. First, combine the first 4 ingredients in a saucepan and just bring to a simmer (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- Next is to prepare the herb blend by combining the parsley and next 4 ingredients (parsley through 2 garlic cloves) set this aside.
- To prepare the Paella, trim the connective tissue from the monkfish and cut into 1-inch pieces. Next, peel and devein the shrimp but keep the tails intact.
- Get a paellera or a large skillet and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour 1 tablespoon oil and add the fish and shrimp. Saute for 1 minute (the seafood mixture will not be cooked through). Remove seafood mixture form pan, and keep warm.
- Throw in the onion and bell pepper to the pan, and saute for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, paprika, crushed red pepper, and 3 garlic cloves. Cook for 5 minutes before adding the rice. Cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the broth, herb blend, and peas. Bring to a low boil, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add clams to the pan, nestling them into the rice mixture. Cook for 5 minutes or until shells open and discard any unopened shells.
- Stir in the seafood mixture, and arrange shrimp, heads down, in rice mixture. Arrange pimento slices spoke-like on top of rice mixture. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice then remove from heat. Cover with a towel, and let stand for 10 minutes and that's it. You know for sure that your mom loves you when she serves you this Seafood Paella. Definitely a labor of love!