Chinese Fried Rice Recipe
This dish mixes the sweet and rich flavor of the Chinese chorizo combined with eggs, green peas and carrots cooked in sweet oyster sauce infused fried rice.
Pre-frying the Chinese chorizo over high heat help release its natural oils and flavor to the wok, which makes the finish rice more flavorful.
- 4 cups cooked cold rice
- 2 pcs eggs, lightly beaten (add a teaspoon of Knorr Real Sarap)
- 1 pc Chinese chorizo, sliced thinly, diagonally
- ¼ cup green peas
- ¼ cup carrots diced
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- ½ pc Knorr Pork Cube, diluted in 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2- 3 tbsps oyster sauce
- oil for stir frying
- Begin by getting a wok or shallow pan and make this nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and add half of the lightly beaten eggs and cook them, turning over once. Now, cook the other half the same way and cut them into thin strips and save for later.
- After cooking the egg, pour some oil onto the pan and stir fry the Chinese chorizo on high heat for a minute then remove and set aside. Frying the Chinese chorizo help release its natural oils and thus making a much more flavourful dish.
- Fry green peas and carrots next then remove them from the pan. Frying the vegetables first before adding the rice will prevent the dish from getting spoiled because that could happen if the vegetables had not been cooked well.
- Gently place the cold rice and stir fry. Add the diluted Knorr Pork Cube in and mix well before adding the oyster sauce. Mix this well.
- Throw in the Chinese chorizo, half of the egg strips, green peas and carrots and mix well.
- Transfer to a platter with the chopped spring onions and fried egg strips on top.
- Your family will simply adore this Chinese Fried Rice recipe. The table will not only be filled with good conversation and good company but also good food as well.