This Samar dish combines the flavors and textures of red rice, white rice and glutinous rice (malagkit) cooked in coconut milk, served with hot chocolate
You can also add black rice (pirurutong or tapol) to the dish to make get that more authentic Samar taste.
- 1 cup malagkit (glutinous) rice
- 1½ cup water
- 1 (45g) pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix
- 1 cup red rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp oil
- Dissolve Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix in water. Mix well. Combine it with malagkit rice in a pot and let this cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- In a separate pot, saute red rice in oil. Add water and let this cook for approximately 40 minutes.
- Combine malagkit and red rice. You don't need to go to Samar to taste Sinacugan. Enjoy with a serving of hot chocolate, it's pure bliss!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy