Chicken Arroz Caldo Recipe
No matter the weather, enjoy the comfort of a good chicken arroz caldo recipe. Learn to infuse the flavor of chicken with ginger and other aromatics.
The name of the dish is derived from Spanish "arroz"" (rice) and "caldo" (broth). Arroz Caldo is a specific type of Lugaw which uses a lot of ginger and chicken.
Arroz Caldo typically uses Malagkit rice, but you can still prepare this dish using regular rice just add more water in the recipe.
The yellowish color of the dish can be attained by adding Kasubha (safflower) to the dish. "
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc small -sized onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 200 grams cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup uncooked Malagkit rice, washed 2x and drained well
- 2 pcs Knorr chicken cubes
- 4 cups water
- Toppings: (optional)
- 1 pc boiled egg, sliced
- 1/4 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fried dilis
- 1/4 cup thinly shredded dried seaweed sheets