Unique Fried Chicken Recipe Made for Every Pinoy Handaan
There is no such thing as a small Pinoy handaan. Every celebration becomes a big event once family, friends, and neighbors get wind of it. And as the designated cook, you’re tasked to look for ideas to make the event extra special. What’s a Filipino party without lumpiang shanghai, spaghetti, pork barbecue, and fried chicken? But cooking all these dishes at once can be a major challenge. Why not streamline your selection and choose fuss-free recipes? Start with this flavorful crispy chicken that skips the deep-frying step. How is that possible? Here's a guide to making this Pinoy handaan food alternative.
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks, washed and patted dry
- 1 (20-g) pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Original
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Combine chicken, Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Original, and fish sauce. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or 1 day before the Pinoy birthday handaan.
- Arrange drumsticks in an air-fryer basket to avoid overcrowding. Drizzle or spray some oil on the chicken, if desired.
- Air-fry chicken at 180°C for 30-40 minutes. Turn pieces halfway through cooking. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oils. Serve immediately.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Diet Paleo
- Suitable For Pregnancy