Extra Crispy Korean Fried Chicken for Your Date Night
Date nights are always special, but you can take them further by making extra crispy Korean fried chicken for dinner. The sweetness and crunch will lead to enjoyment and laughter and help the two of you make warm memories around the dinner table. We have a recipe that isn’t hard to follow, even if you’re not a kitchen expert. Once you have all the ingredients, grab your trusty cooking equipment and you are set.
- 1 kilogram assorted chicken pieces (thigh, wings, drumstick)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 liters water
- ¼ cup rock salt
- ½ cup kamote starch
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ice cold water
- oil, for deep frying
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsps Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp calamansi juice
- In a large bowl, make the brine by mixing 2L water and rock salt, then placing it on the stove and simmering until the salt dissolves.
- Remove it from the stove. When it has cooled, submerge the chicken fully in the brine and place the bowl for 3-6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the chicken from the brine and place it on a rack so it can drip dry.
- Sprinkle the all-purpose flour on the chicken pieces.
- Prepare the batter by combining the kamote starch and cornstarch in a bowl. Slowly add ice-cold water while mixing, until it has a paste-like consistency.
- Heat the oil, then add the chicken. Fry for about 3-4 minutes per side, until nicely browned. As each piece is done, remove it and let it cool.
- Make the glaze by mixing the fish sauce, Knorr seasoning, grated ginger, honey, calamansi juice in a medium pot, and place it on the stove at medium heat. When it starts to boil, set it aside and let it cool.
- Toss the fried chicken in the glaze. Place on a serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Without milk
- Egg Free
- Lactose Free
- Nut Free