Chicken Adobo sa Gata by Chef Vanjo
By adding coconut milk, it creates a new layer of sweetness and flavors, combined with the spices and rich taste of slow cooked marinated adobo chicken.
Aside from adding fresh and spiced flavors, Bay Leaf is also a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, Calcium and Potassium. Studies show that it might also help reduce and treat migraines.
- 1 kg chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 40 g (1 Pack) Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix
- 1 pc Knorr Chicken Cubes 10g
- 120 ml white vinegar
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 25 g garlic
- 5 pcs bay leaves
- 30 g whole peppercorn
- 45 g cooking oil
- 500 ml water
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Crush the garlic, then sauté until it starts to brown.
- Fry the chicken for 1 to 1 ½ minutes per side.
- Pour soy sauce and vinegar. Cover the pan. Let boil. Flip the chicken pieces afterwards. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add whole peppercorn and bay leaves.
- Combine Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix and 2 cups water. Stir. Pour into mixture. Stir and let the mixture boil.
- Add Knorr Chicken Cube. Stir and cover the pan. Adjust heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover and continue to cook until sauce reduces to desired amount.
- Serve with warm rice. Share and enjoy!