Tinola Sa Gata Recipe
This Filipino Classic ginger-chicken broth soup mixed with coconut milk gives this classic dish its' sweetness and creamy texture.
When cooking with coconut milk, do not let the mix boil or else the coconut milk might curdle and break up. Set the heat to medium or low and let the mix simmer to properly cook the coconut milk.
- 1 pc onion, quartered
- 1 (2 inch) pc ginger, sliced
- ½ kg chicken, cut into serving pcs.
- 1 pc sayote or ¼ pc. papaya, cut into wedges
- 1 (33 g) pack Knorr Complete Reicpe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- 2 cups water
- 1 pc Knorr Chicken Broth Cube
- ½ bunch dahon ng sili
- First, get a pot and make it nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion and half of the ginger. Gently add the chicken and sauté for a good 1 minute.
- Add the sayote or papaya in the pot and pour in the Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay which has already been dissolved in 2 cups water.
- Throw in the remaining ginger and Knorr Chicken Broth Cube. Leave this to simmer for a minute.
- When you can smell the wonderful aroma from the cooked chicken and vegetables, you can now place the dahon ng sili on top. Cook this further for another minute.
- Discover a new taste that you’ll surely love when you add gata in Tinola. Your family will not only find it comforting but they will also take pleasure eating it.