Fried Chicken Bouquet Recipe
Create healthy and delicious meal. Check out our easy to follow recipe for Fried Chicken Bouquet made special with Knorr SavorRich Liquid Chicken Seasoning.
By placing the vegetable strips in ice bath water and keeping it in the chiller, the vegetable strips will start to curl up; and these make for a nice garnish and decor for your plating.
- Fried chicken marinade:
- 1 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 200 ml soy milk
- 3 large pieces (around 500 g) chicken breasts, cut into 4 pieces
- Seasoned Flour:
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 50 grams cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 litres oil, for deep frying
- 4 scallions or 2 onion leeks
- 2 large carrots peeled
- 1 cucumber
- 4 baby gem lettuce
- Special equipment:
- Mandolin cutter
- Oven tray with wire rack
- Food grade paper or cellophane, to wrap
- Gift card
- Put the Knorr Liquid Seasoning and soy milk into a large mixing bowl. Add in the chicken pieces and stir it all around. Cover the bowl and leave to marinate for one hour.
- Using the Mandolin, cut the cucumber - dark green bits only, and carrots into small strips and put them into a large mixing bowl. Slice the spring onions as finely as you can, lengthways, and add them to the bowl. Put 3 large handfuls of ice into the bowl and then fill it up with water. Put the bowl into the fridge for 1 hour and the vegetable strips will curl up.
- In a large saucepan, pour the oil, enough so that the oil doesn’t come more than half-way up the sides. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Put the plain flour, corn flour and baking powder into another bowl, and mix together. Spoon in 3 tablespoons of the chicken marinade and mix it so that there are clumps. Dip each piece of chicken into the flour, so it gets well covered. Put onto a clean plate or tray and do the same to the other pieces of chicken, then repeat - so each chicken has been double-dipped.
- When the oil has come to temperature, carefully lower a few pieces of chicken into the hot oil. Fry for 3-4 minutes, until they’re golden brown. Put the fried chicken into an oven tray that has a wire rack inside. Cook for 10 minutes, until cooked through. Then let the chicken cool for 10 minutes before you prepare the bouquet.
- Lay out your paper or cellophane and arrange the lettuce leaves in an upside-down triangle in the middle. Lay the chicken pieces on top and decorate with the curled vegetables. Tie ribbon around the bottom of the bouquet and don’t forget to write the card!