This dish combines the rich flavors of chicken with smoothness of the cream infused with the sweetness from the pineapples
When using cream or coconut milk, be careful not to let the liquids boil as the cream may curdle if the heat is too high.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 kilogram chicken, cut ups
- 1 pc Knorr Chicken Cube
- 1 tbsp patis/ fish sauce
- 1 (227 g) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pcs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 pc carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup red and green bell peppers, deseeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup all purpose cream or coconut cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup malunggay leaves (optional)
- First, get a pan and make it nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onions and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Add the chicken and cook until the color changes.
- Drop in the Knorr Chicken Cube with the patis, the pineapple chunks with juice/syrup and water last. Give this a nice simmer of 3 minutes.
- Next, add the potatoes, carrots and bell peppers. And cook them until the chicken and vegetables are tender. You may add the sugar if you want the dish to be a bit sweeter.
- Reduce the heat to low before pouring in the all purpose cream or coconut cream. Be careful not to let this boil as the cream may curdle if the heat is too high. Add the malunggay leaves at this point. Cook for 1-2 minutes over low heat and that's it! With a big serving of warm rice, prepare to eat more than usual.
- Egg Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy