White Tinola Recipe
This simple dish uses the classic flavors of chicken tinola, using the rich flavor of chicken and ginger, mixed with the sweet and creamy taste of milk.
Ginger contains a lot of medicinal properties that help the body fight the flu and common colds, aids in digestions and relives nausea.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc onion, quartered
- 1 (2 - inch) ginger, sliced
- 1/2 kg chicken, cut into serving pcs.
- 1 tbsp patis
- 1 cup evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 120 g. sayote or ¼ pc. papaya, cut into wedges
- 1 pc Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 1/2 bunch dahon ng sili
- Begin by bringing your pot nice and hot to medium high heat. With a little bit of oil, sauté the onion and half of the ginger before adding in the chicken. Cook them well for a minute and give these a sprinkle of fish sauce.
- Throw in the sayote and pour in the evaporated milk, water and the remaining half of the ginger. Now, you have to let this simmer for a minute before throwing in the Knorr Chicken Cubes.
- When the chicken and vegetables are cooked, finish the soup by topping it with dahon ng sili.
- When you sip the hot soup of this White Tinola, you will be reminded of the warm hug of your mom.