Halang Halang Recipe
This classic Visayan dish uses the rich flavor of chicken mixed with the sweetness of the coconut milk sauce, combined with the extra spicy flavor of chili.
When cooking / searing with butter, remember to add a little bit of oil in the pan to prevent the butter from burning.
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 kilogram chicken breast
- 1 1/2 pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Sitaw at Kalabasa Complete Recipe Mix
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 pcs chilis, sliced
- fish sauce to taste
- Get a medium pan and make it nice and hot over high heat. Toss in the butter with a little bit of oil to prevent the butter from burning then throw in the onions, garlic and ginger. Cook this until you can smell the lovely aroma from the vegetables.
- Add the chicken breast and sauté for 2 minutes before pouring in the Knorr Ginataang Gulay Sitaw at Kalabasa Recipe Mix diluted in 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring that to a boil before throwing in the chilis. Cook this to a simmer over low heat until the sauce is thick and the chicken is cooked through.
- For that added flavour, sprinkle some patis to taste.
- Over hot rice, enjoy this Halang-Halang recipe with the family. It will definitely merit a two thumbs up review for sure!
- NOTE: NO YIELD, NO PREP/ NO COOKING TIME