Chicken Pochero Recipe
This dish combines the rich flavor of chicken with the deep flavors of tomato sauce, sweetened by saba banana and chorizo flavor, mixed with potatoes and tokwa.
Adding garbanzos (chickpeas) to your dish not only adds flavors and texture but it also boosts the nutritional value of your dish. It helps improve digestion and helps reduce the risks of several diseases.
- 1/2 kilogram chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 6 cups water
- 2 pcs Knorr Chicken Cubes
- 1 can tomato sauce (250 grams)
- 1 pc medium onion, sliced
- 2 pcs medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 pcs saba bananas, sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup canned garbanzos, drained and skins removed
- 1 pc Chorizo de Bilbao, sliced
- 1 bundle pechay
- 4 pcs tokwa, fried and cut into cubes
- Give this Filipino stew a power pack of flavour by first boiling the chicken in water together with Knorr Chicken Cubes.
- Throw in the rest of the ingredients while putting in the chorizo last. Cook this slowly over low heat before topping the pechay and fried tofu.
- Your family will surely adore you for this simple yet more than satisfying stew of chicken in tomatoes.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Wheat Free