Chicken Garlic Sopas Recipe
This Filipino Classic Comfort Food combines the rich flavors of chicken combined with carrots and bell pepper, served with sweet milk and tasty macaroni.
Chicken Sopas is a rich source of protein and essential fatty acids. This soup is rich in iron and calcuim.
- ¼ kg chicken cubed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 pc medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 pc Knorr Chicken Cube
- 1 pc small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 pc green bell pepper
- 200 grams macaroni, cooked
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- spring onion
- Pepper, to taste
- Make this sopas dish more tasty by first marinating the chicken meat with salt and a tablespoon of garlic. Leave this for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the remaining garlic and onions. When you can smell the lovely aroma of the cooked vegetables, drop in the marinated chicken and cook this until slightly brown in color.
- Pour in the water and throw in the Knorr Chicken Cube. Bring this to a boil before adding the carrot, bell pepper and cooked macaroni noodles. Check the taste and season with pepper to see if it’s to your liking.
- Finally, you may pour the evaporated milk over the dish and top with chopped spring onions to garnish.
- Enjoy this light and creamy chicken garlic sopas with the family any time of the day or week.