Chicken Satay Recipe
This heart healthy bbq dish uses the rich flavor of chicken combined with the unique and delicious taste of peanut sauce, marinated and grilled to perfection.
Satay or peanut sauce is a good source of monosaturated fats that are good for maintaining good heart health, and is great in managing blood sugar levels.
- 1/2 kg chicken breast, skin removed, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 stalk, lemongrass, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 pc onion, minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder or ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Bango Kecap Manis
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Kare-Kare
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Begin by placing the chicken pieces in a heavy duty food-grade plastic bag together with the coriander, lemongrass, garlic, onion, curry powder, chilli powder, Bango Kecap Manis and yogurt. Massage and mix the chicken well to fully incorporate the flavours. Leave this in the chiller overnight.
- Chicken Satay is best paired with a dip made from peanuts. This easy to do peanut dip made from Knorr Complete Mix Kare-Kare does its trick. You just need to dissolve them in water and cook this over low heat until it becomes thick. Transfer this to a condiment plate and serve topped with chopped peanuts for that extra crunch.
- Before skewing the marinated chicken pieces in BBQ sticks, soak the BBQ sticks first in water for at least 1 hour to keep them from burning.
- Only a few more steps and tips before you can finally start grilling! Make sure that the grill rack is hot enough and then brush it with a little bit of oil to prevent the meat from sticking. The next step is to place the grill rack at the right distance from the hot coals to prevent the meat from drying and burning. You can now arrange the chicken and grill until it is cooked through.
- The last is the easiest because it’s time to taste and enjoy this Chicken satay with your family. Don’t forget that dip you previously made
- Egg Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy