Chicken Sotanghon Soup Recipe
This chicken sotanghon recipe is a complete meal thanks to vermicelli noodles, chicken, and vegetables. Upgrade this classic merienda with these tips.
You can add Malunggay leaves to the dish to add flavor and to boost the nutrients found in the dish.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pc small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pc chicken breast, shredded
- 1 tbsp atsuete oil
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups water
- 2 pcs Knorr Chicken Broth Cubes
- 1 cup sotanghon, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1 cup baby pak choi, finely shredded
- Optional: 1 cup spinach leaves picked
- spring onion
- fried garlic for garnishing
- Let’s begin by getting our pot nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sauté the garlic and onion.
- Add the chicken breast next and sauté until cooked through.
- Pour the atsuete oil followed by the water. To make atsuete oil, bring to a boil 1 tbsp of atsuete and 2 tbsp of oil. Drain the atsuete and reserve the oil.
- Drop in the Knorr Chicken Broth Cubes and sotanghon noodles. Stir well and let it simmer. Add pak choi and spinach.
- Now that our soup is done, serve in a bowl with a sprinkle of spring onions and crunchy fried garlic on top. Chicken Sotanghon soup is one of those dishes you will not get tired of eating or cooking. It’s just close to home.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Wheat Free