Holiday Paella Tinola
This simple dish uses the rich flavor of chicken infused with Knorr Chicken flavors cooked Spanish paella style mixed with ginger, garlic and papaya.
Searing is the process in which the meat surface is cooked at a high temperature until a brown crust forms. Make sure that the pan is hot before adding the chicken to have a nice sear.
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 pc Knorr Chicken Broth Cube
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 kg chicken leg quarter, cut into 3 pieces
- 6 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 kg small green papaya, peeled, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 tsp Luyang dilaw, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 pc (about 3 inch in size) ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pc medium-sized onions chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 pcs Knorr Chicken Broth Cubes
- 500 g Bomba or Dinorado rice
- 3 cups water or as needed
- 1/2 cup chili leaves or malunggay
- Begin by marinating the chicken. Heat oil for a few seconds then add Knorr Chicken Broth Cube. Mix this well until cube is dissolved. Turn off the heat.
- Now, add the pepper and chicken together and allow to marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Get a paellera or a big shallow pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour 4 tbsp of oil and sear marinated chicken until slightly brown then add the papaya slices next then set aside.
- In the paellera, throw in the luyang dilaw, ginger, garlic and onions and just sauté until soft. Add fish sauce, Knorr Chicken Broth Cubes and rice next. Mix well until broth cubes are completely dissolved.
- In goes the water and mix well. Place the browned chicken and papaya on top. Cover with foil and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water if still needed. Drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp oil to make the rice more moist and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Finally, top with malunggay leaves and continue cooking for another 10 minutes until rice is soft and cooked. And that’s our dish!
- Make memories with your family as you gather together and have this delicious dish. With good conversation and happy tummies, you’ll forever remember this meal time.