Kasuy na Manok Recipe
This Asian inspired dish combines the rich flavors of chicken with the sweet and spiced flavor of hoisin sauce tossed with cashew nuts for added texture.
You can also replace the cashew nuts with peanuts to give the dish a different texture and flavor. You can also add a little spicy chili flavor to enhance the dish taste.
- 750 g. chicken breast, skinless and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ¾ cup kasuy nuts, toasted
- 2 tsp. Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- Begin by making a nice and seasoned mixture of cornstarch, salt and pepper. Then, you may dust the chicken in this mixture. Afterwards, set this aside.
- Next, get a pan and get it nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some canola oil and throw in the garlic before adding the chicken. Sauté the chicken until it’s brown. Toss it every once in a while for a good 3 minutes.
- Then, pour in the vinegar and cook until it evaporates. This will take about 30 seconds. Now, pour in the hoisin sauce together with the Knorr Liquid Seasoning and 1/4 cup of water. Toss the chicken until cooked through. A good minute should do it.
- Gently, stir in the chives and cashew nuts and this dish is done.
- You will definitely go nuts when you serve this Kasuy na Manok to your family. It’s totally yummy and will definitely satisfy your tummy!