Chicken Poppers with Adobo Gata Sauce Recipe
This snack time dish combines the flavor and texture of crispy chicken tidbits mixed with the creamy , chili and slightly tangy adobong gata sauce.
For this dish, you can prepare the breaded chicken popper before hand and store them in the chiller for later frying.
- Chicken poppers:
- 750 g. chicken breast fillet, cut into bite size
- 2 cups flour
- 2 pcs. raw eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- cooking oil for frying
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 pc. small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- pepper, to taste
- green siling haba, chopped
- There are two steps in preparing this dish. First, let’s begin by making the chicken poppers. Have 3 sets of bowls or trays filled each with flour, egg and breadcrumbs ready. Now, you’ve got to coat the chicken in flour, then dip it in the beaten egg before finally rolling them in breadcrumbs. Immediately fry them in very hot oil until the chicken is cooked through.
- For the second step, let’s make the sauce. Get your pan nice and hot and bring this to medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion and garlic and cook this until the onion is translucent and the garlic is golden in color.
- Now, pour the water in, then the soy sauce, vinegar, and Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay. Bring this to a simmer for at least 2-5 minutes or until the mixture is free of lumps.
- Finally, season this well with pepper and chopped green siling haba.
- A little creativity goes a long way. Chicken Poppers with Adobo Gata Sauce is simply heaven with every bite! The kids are going to go nuts over this recipe.