Asian Fried Chicken Wings Recipe
This Asian style dish uses the rich flavor of chicken infused with Knorr flavors tossed in an asian sweet sauce topped with sesame seed.
Make sure you are using the appropriate pan. A deep fryer or a deep casserole with a wide lid will suffice. Choose the right cooking oil, or a type of oil that has a high smoke point. Make sure that the chicken has no amount of moisture or water or you will certainly make a splatter.
- ½ kg chicken wings
- 1 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups oil for frying
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- ¼ cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 2 tsp white sugar
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- slurry (cornstarch dissolved in water), as needed
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds, toasted for garnish
- 1 tsp spring onions, sliced for garnish
- In order to have flavourful chicken wings, you need to first marinate it in Knorr Liquid Seasoning and black pepper and leave this for 10-15 minutes. Dredge the chicken wings with a combination of a flour and cornstarch mixture and store this in the chiller for later use.
- The second step is to prepare the glaze by pouring the oyster sauce, Knorr Liquid Seasoning, chilli sauce, white sugar and sesame oil in a saucepan and bring this up to a simmer. Pour the slurry to thicken.
- Before deep frying the chicken, pat the chicken wings to remove excess moisture and marinate to prevent it from splattering when adding it to the fryer.
- Get a deep pot, add frying oil and preheat the oil and prepare the chicken wings for frying. Gently slide the chicken wings in and cook until the chicken is brown. Drain excess oil and place into a mixing bowl. Pour a little sauce over and toss and swirl the chicken to fully coat it well.
- With a sprinkle of sesame seeds and spring onions, you can now enjoy this Asian Fried Chicken Wings with the family.