Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Bringhe | Knorr
You may pour more liquid if needed. Just like paella, garnish your rice with slices of cooked hard boiled eggs on top.
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 pcs. onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 kg. chicken, cut into serving pcs.
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cups glutinous rice or kaning malagkit
- 4 packs Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay
- 8 cups water
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 2 pcs. bell peppers, sliced
- 3 pcs. hardboiled eggs, sliced
- Bringhe is the Filipino version of Paella. It is made with glutinous rice, chicken and vegetables. The preparation may take long but we can guarantee you that it’s worth the wait.
- The first step is to get an appropriate pan to cook the Bringhe with. Choose a shallow pan that can cook and hold 3 cups of rice with more than 8 cups of water. The next step is to get your pan nice and hot over high heat and pour oil. Throw in the onions and garlic and cook until you can smell the lovely aroma from the cooked vegetables.
- Gently place the chicken and sprinkle the turmeric powder over. Mix this well before adding the glutinous rice.
- Pour the Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay dissolved in water then throw in the raisins and bell peppers next. Stir this well then bring to a boil. Cover the pan and lower the heat and simmer to cook until all the ingredients are tender. You may pour more liquid if needed. Just like paella, garnish your rice with slices of cooked hard boiled eggs on top.
- You don’t need to wait for a special occasion to enjoy Bringhe because eating together as a family is enough reason to celebrate.