Chicken Lemongrass Skewers Recipe
This dish uses the rich flavor of chicken infused with garlic, pepper and Knorr cubes, grilled in lemongrass skewers; paired with Knorr peanut sauce.
To prevent the lemongrass stalks from burning from the grill, you can soak them in cold water 30 minutes before using, so it can absorb moisture before grilling.
- For the chicken:
- ½ kg. chicken breast, skin removed cut into serving pcs.
- 2 pcs. Knorr Chicken Cubes, mashed
- Achuete oil (2 tbsp oil with 1 tbsp achuete seeds), as needed
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Lemongrass stalks (use the bottom white part, around 5-6 inches in length)
- For the dip:
- 1 pack Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Kare-Kare
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- First, you need to prepare the achuete oil by extracting the color of atsuete. Begin by combining 2 tablespoons of oil with 1 tablespoon of atsuete in a sauté pan. Turn the heat to low-medium and leave the seeds to cook. Discard the seeds once it turns dark in color.
- In a heavy duty food-grade plastic bag, place the chicken pieces together with the mashed Knorr Chicken Cubes, achuete oil, garlic and pepper. Massage the chicken in the plastic and seal it well, making sure that no air bubbles go inside.
- Next, prepare the peanut dip. Get a saucepan and pour the Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Kare-Kare and add water. Stir using a whisk or fork to make sure it’s free of lumps. When fully dissolved, cook this on high heat until the liquid begins to boil. Turn the heat to low and continue to simmer until the mixture is very thick. Transfer and pour the sauce into a condiment bowl and garnish with chopped peanuts on top.
- Time to complete and assemble the dish. Skew the chicken pieces into the lemongrass stalks by piercing a hole through the meat with the use of the knife’s tip. Place on top of a grill and cook until chicken is tender and done.
- Going the extra mile for your family will bring you more happy memories around the table. Chicken in Lemongrass Skewers is definitely best served with peanut sauce on the side.