Laing Pizza Recipe
This dish combines the classic taste of laing with flavor coming from the pork strips, laing leaves, coconut milk and ginger, topped in a pizza style crust.
When adding the toppings to the crust, do not add too much liquid to prevent the crust from being soggy and mushy after baking. Just add enough sauce to give the pizza the rich flavor and added spice.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 piece onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- ¼ cup pork liempo strips
- 1 cup water
- 1 pack (45g) Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix
- 3 cups laing leaves
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 sili sigang, sliced
- 2 pieces 12 inch pizza
- Begin by getting a pan and make it nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion, garlic and ginger. Give this a quick sauté until the vegetables give off a nice aroma before adding the pork strips.
- When the pork strips are already brown, pour in the water and Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix with the shrimp. At this point, throw in the laing leaves and just allow this to simmer until the sauce is thick. Set this aside first to cool.
- Now that our topping is ready, let’s assemble the pizza. Get your pizza tray ready and lay the pizza crust over. Spread a layer of laing on the pizza dough and arrange the shrimp and pork pieces on top. Cover them with a generous amount of grated cheese and scatter the siling sigang around. Now bake the pizza in a pre-heated oven until the cheese starts to bubble and that’s it. Our Laing Pizza is done!
- I know you can’t wait to try this dish but just leave it for at least 5 minutes to cool down before slicing them. You will be totally speechless when you finally try this recipe.