An Easy Lasagna Recipe to Master
Lasagna is a centerpiece dish, with its enticing layers of flat pasta, meaty red sauce, creamy béchamel, and decadent cheese. This Italian specialty is known to be quite labor-intensive, but it doesn't have to be. If you're a busy home cook with no time to spare, this easy lasagna recipe is for you. It has all the components of your favorite multi-layered pasta but comes together in just one hour.
The secret is in flavor enhancers like beef cubes that speed up the cooking process without sacrificing taste. This recipe also calls for ultra-melty cheeses like mozzarella and lasagna sheets you can prep ahead for maximum efficiency. Ready? Time to cook!
Garnish with fresh basil leaves for a pop of color and add chili flakes to your sauce if you like it spicy.
- For the pasta:
- 1 pack lasagna noodles
- For the meat sauce:
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 kg ground beef
- 1/2 kg tomato sauce
- 1 pc Knorr Beef Cube
- 1/4 cup banana ketchup
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- For the white sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- For the topping:
- 1 cup grated quick-melt or mozzarella cheese (or both)
- Prepare lasagna noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- Make the meat sauce. Pour oil into a pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook until aromatic. Add ground beef and cook until lightly browned.
- Add tomato sauce, Knorr Beef Cube, and banana ketchup; mix well. Add pepper, bay leaves, and oregano. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the beef is tender and the sauce has thickened. Set aside.
- Make the white sauce: Heat a small saucepan over medium flame. Add butter and melt. Stir in flour and cook until it becomes pasty.
- Slowly whisk milk into pan and season with nutmeg. Continue to cook until slightly thickened into a gravy-like consistency. If the sauce has thickened too much, add more milk or water to thin it out.
- To assemble, layer lasagna noodles in a rectangular baking dish. Pour some meat sauce over the pasta, followed by some white sauce. Sprinkle some cheese over this layer. Continue layering, ending with cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot.