Easy Chicken Recipe Perfect for Rainy Days
The easiest chicken recipe for rainy days is also the most comforting: classic sopas. It gets its name from the Spanish sopa, which translates to “soup.” To make this simple dish, you only need a few pantry staples: dry pasta (typically macaroni), veggies, and a rich, creamy broth. You can make the soup base from scratch if you like, but bouillon cubes work just as well and come pre-seasoned already.
Next time you feel down, dig into a bowl of sopas to lift your spirits. It's the perfect meal when you're sick, too. The soup is light on the stomach and warms you up from the inside. Craving comfort? Here's how to make it.
Use coconut milk in place of evaporated milk to make this dairy-free. You can also add hotdogs to make it even heartier.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced crosswise
- 200 g chicken breast fillet, cubed
- 2 pcs Knorr Chicken Broth Cubes
- 3 cups water
- 100 g elbow macaroni
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup whole corn kernels
- 2 cups shredded Baguio pechay
- pinch of ground white pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium flame. Sauté onions and garlic until soft. Add celery and continue sautéing for another minute.
- Add chicken and sauté until the cubes turn white. Add Knorr Chicken Broth Cubes and mix until dissolved.
- Pour in water and bring mixture to a boil. Add macaroni and cook halfway through.
- Add potatoes and carrots. Continue to cook until the macaroni and vegetables are tender.
- Add evaporated milk and let simmer. Add corn and pechay. Continue to simmer for 2 minutes. Season with pepper to taste. Serve hot.