Protein Rich Lasagna Recipe for Healthier Muscles
Need a lasagna recipe that’s healthy, delicious, and fun to put together? This beefy lasagna dish combines, the meaty flavor of ground beef, and the rich taste of tomato sauce. Add some melted cheese on top and you’ve got a winner!
Beef is rich in proteins and amino acids the body needs for growth, cognitive functions, and muscle development. Lycopene in tomato sauce is a powerful antioxidant that can lower the risk of certain types of cancer. Ready to get these benefits? This beef lasagna recipe consists of several steps, but we promise the hard work is well worth it.
- 1 pack lasagna noodles
- Red Sauce
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 1 pc onion,chopped
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 kilogram ground beef
- 500 g tomato sauce
- 1 pc Knorr Beef Cube
- 1/4 cup banana ketchup
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- White Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated quick-melt cheese or mozzarella cheese (combination of both may be used)
- How to cook the pasta:
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Set aside.
- How to prepare the red sauce:
- Stary by heating oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Sautee onions and garlic until aromatic
- Add the ground beef, cook until browned
- Pour in the tomato sauce by combining Knorr Beef Cube, tomato sauce, and banana ketchup.
- Stir before adding in the bay leaves, pepper, and oregano.
- Allow this to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Set aside.
- How to prepare the white sauce:
- Melt butter in a hot pan over medium heat
- Strin the flour, cook until consistency is pasty.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, season with nutmeg.
- Cook until thickened to the consistency of gravy. Thin with milk or water if needed.
- Lasagna assembly:
- Spread enough meat sauce to cover the bottom of a rectangular baking pan.
- Begin layering the lasagna noodles, meat sauce, and white sauce.
- Repeat until you have enough layers to fill the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- To keep lasagna layers intact, allow the dish to sit on a counter for 15 minutes.
This lasagna recipe is not only delicious—it’s nutritious, too! You can even let your kids give you a hand in layering the lasagna. This way, you get to enjoy making and eating a homemade dish together. Browse more recipes, check out more cooking tips and shop for more easy-to-use Knorr products at the Knorr website.