Easy Pasta Recipes That Can Save Your Wallet at the End of Month
It’s nearing the end of the month, and easy pasta recipes save the day once more. For sure, you’re all too familiar with this situation. (Don’t worry! You’re not alone.) A few more days are left before you get your next paycheck, so you’re keeping a tight grip on your budget. So, here you are searching for yummy solutions to keep your hunger pangs at bay. You scour your pantry and fridge to check what you can prep with whatever’s left. And you see it: an unopened pack of pasta sitting prettily in one corner.
Comfort is instantly guaranteed in a bowl of freshly cooked al dente noodles coated in an umami-filled sauce and topped with even more savory add-ins. But what can be more satisfying than preparing all that without spending too much? Yes, it’s possible! And here are a couple of quick and easy pasta recipes with a few ingredients that show how it’s done, starting with the Creamy Mustard Pasta recipe!
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 kilogram ground beef
- 2 pcs Knorr Beef Broth Cubes
- 1/4 cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning Original
- 3 cups all purpose cream
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pack Knorr Royal Pasta noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Chorizo Pasta Ingredients
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 pcs chorizo de bilbao thinly sliced
- 1/2 carrots, cut into small cubes
- 400 g any type of pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Pour in oil. Saute onion and garlic until softened.
- Add ground beef and Knorr Beef Broth Cubes. Cook, mixing continuously, until the meat is golden brown.
- Add Knorr Liquid Seasoning and cook for another 2 minutes or until the sauce is absorbed by the beef.
- Add all-purpose cream and Dijon mustard. Lower heat to keep the cream from curdling.
- Toss in the cooked pasta. Sprinkle grated cheese on top and serve immediately.
- For Chorizo Pasta
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Pour in olive oil. Add garlic and cook until brown.
- Add chorizo and carrots; cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss in the cooked pasta, making sure it gets coated with the oil. Sprinkle with Knorr Liquid Seasoning and serve immediately. You can also use extra-virgin olive oil for this recipe. This type of oil contains large amounts of antioxidants that are heart healthy and reduce the risk of chronic disease.
Tip: When cooking with cream, do not let the sauce boil too to keep it from curdling or breaking up. Constantly monitor the heat and let the dish cook at a low simmering temperature. A limited budget is never an excuse to settle for boring and unflavorful dishes. Consider this as an opportunity to practice being more creative in the kitchen and experimenting with whatever ingredients you already have. You’ll be surprised by how confident you can get in the kitchen! And the two easy pasta recipes above can give you a good head start.