Seafood Putanesca Recipe
This classic pasta dish uses the rich flavor of shrimp mixed with olives, bell peppers and tomatoes, topped with flavorful mussels and clams.
When choosing mussels (tahong), it should look wet and smell like the ocean, salty and clean. If they smell a little funky, or many of them appear to be open already, then do not buy them.
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 1 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 k shrimps, peeled & de-veined
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives,sliced
- 1/2 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 medium canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 pcs Knorr Shrimp Cubes
- 2 tbsps capers
- 1 (450g pack Knorr Royal Spaghetti
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1/4 k clams, boiled
- 1/4 kl mussels, boiled
- Begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sauté onions and garlic.
- Throw in the shrimps and cook until color changes to bright orange. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil and sauté the bell peppers and olives. Add tomatoes, Knorr Shrimp Cubes and capers. Simmer for 20 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Return the shrimps back and add the cooked spaghetti noodles. Give this a nice seasoning of salt and pepper and that's it. Serve on a platter topped with the shellfish.
- Seafood Puttanesca is such a magical dish. See how it disappears before your eyes the moment you serve this on the table.
- Egg Free
- Nut Free