Eggplant Lasagna Recipe
This dish combines the rich flavor and crispy texture of fried eggplant mixed with the rich taste of ground beef in tomato sauce topped with melted cheese.
Eggplants are good source of in fiber which help lower blood sugar by slowing the rate of digestion and absorption of sugar in the body.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp liver spread
- 1/2 kg lean ground beef
- 1 Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Kaldereta, dissolved in 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all purpose cream
- 4 pcs. eggplant, halved lengthwise then sliced into 3-inch lengths
- beaten egg, flour and breadcrumbs, as needed
- oil for frying
- cheddar or mozzarella cheese or cheese sauce for topping
- First, you need to make the sauce. Begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion and garlic before adding the liver spread. Now, gently stir and add the ground beef and just sauté until cooked through.
- Next, add Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Kaldereta dissolved in water, cheese, and pepper last. Let this boil and bring down the heat to a simmer then cover until the sauce thickens. Then set this aside.
- We can now work on the eggplant lasagna. Prepare 3 shallow trays with the flour, egg and breadcrumbs on each tray. Coat the eggplant first with the flour mix, dip it in the beaten egg, then finally rolling it in the breadcrumbs. Once everything has been coated, allow this to rest in the chiller for at least 30 minutes just to allow the breading to set.
- Prepare a deep saucepan and fill it with oil. Turn your heat to medium high and deep fry the eggplant until brown. Remove it from the oil and place it on top of a plate lined with paper towels. Now that our sauce and eggplant lasagna is done, we can start assembling.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with the red sauce then layer the eggplants alternately with the red sauce and all purpose cream. Repeat this process with the rest of the eggplants. Finish off with grated cheese on top and just bake or toast until the top is browned and cheese is melted.
- Now you can eat without the guilt because Eggplant Lasagna is not only good for you, it’s delicious too! You will surely have a party in your tummy with this truly rich and tasty recipe.