Pancit Bihon Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Pancit Bihon with Knorr Pork Cube! This Filipino classic stir-fry dish combines flavors of pork and chicken.
Soaking liver and other meats in milk is said to be a technique to remove impurities from the meat, enhances the flavor and tenderize the liver.
- 1/2 cup pork, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 -3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small pc red onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken liver,cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small pc carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chicharo, ends trimmed
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced into thick strips
- 2 tbsp kinchay, roughly chopped
- 3 cups water (may add more depending on the doneness of the noodles)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 pcs Knorr Pork Cubes
- pinch ground black pepper and salt
- 1 (240g) pack pancit bihon (rice stick/thin noodles)
- Boil pork in 1/4 cup water for 10-15 minutes or until water dries up. Then add oil in pan then sauté pork until color turns brown.
- Add onions and garlic in the pan and sauté until tender. Add chicken liver. Sauté until liver is fully cooked.
- Add carrots, chicharo, cabbage and kintsay. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add water, soy sauce and Knorr Pork Cubes. Mix well and let broth simmer. Season with pepper and salt according to taste.
- Drain meat and vegetables from stock and transfer on a bowl. Set aside.
- Add noodles in simmering stock and let cook until tender while stirring once in a while. Let noodles absorb the stock. Once noodles are tender transfer on serving platter then top with cooked meat and vegetables. Serve immediately while still warm.