Crispy Pancit Canton Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Crispy Pancit Canton made extra special with Knorr Chicken Cubes. Enjoy it with your family!
Pancit dishes are often prepared for a lot Filipino celebrations because they symbolize longevity and good health according to ancient Filipino superstitions.
- 200 g Pancit Canton, deep fried
- 3- 4 cups cooking oil for deep frying
- 1 pc Knorr Chicken Cube
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pc medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup chicken breast fillet, diced
- 6 pcs fish balls, halved
- 6 pcs shrimp balls, halved
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- ½ cup cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup tenga ng daga, soaked and cut to serving pieces
- ½ cup fresh green peas
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp five spice powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch diluted in 3 tbsp water.
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 12 pcs quail eggs, boiled and shelled
- The steps may be a bit challenging but we assure you, it’s worth the wait. Begin by getting a shallow pan and fill it with about 3-4 cups cooking oil. Deep fry the Pancit Canton noodles and then place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain off excess oil. Then, transfer to a nice serving plate.
- Now, dissolve Knorr Chicken Cube in two cups water then set aside.
- Get another pan and make it nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sauté garlic, onions, chicken, fish, and shrimp balls.
- In goes the carrots, cabbage, tengang daga, and fresh green peas. Gently pour dissolved Knorr Chicken Cubes.
- Add the oyster sauce next with the five spice powder, sesame oil, cornstarch diluted in water and cook until sauce thickens. For that added creaminess, pour about ½ cup evaporated milk then simmer again for a minute.
- Now that our sauce is done, you can turn the heat off and just pour the sauce on top of the fried pancit canton noodles. And that’s it. Garnish with boiled quail eggs and serve to your hungry family. It takes a bit of effort and creativity when you just want your family to taste the best there is. Expect hugs and kisses from them.