Pinakbet Pasta Recipe
This dish uses Filipino classic recipe of Pinakbet using a variety of vegetables, fresh shrimps and pork loin, cooked and served with linguini pasta and bread.
To devein the shrimps, lay the shrimp down and run your paring knife along the back try not to cut too deep, and by using the tip of knife, you can easily remove the black vein found at the back of the shrimp.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb pork loin, chopped
- 1/2 lb peeled and deveined prawns
- 1 whole white onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed into 3 inches
- 2 cups eggplant, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup Knorr chicken broth (dilute ¼ Knorr Chicken cube in 1 cup hot water)
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 cups cooked linguini pasta
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- toasted bread for accompaniment
- salt and pepper to taste
- Let’s begin by heating up a large deep pan to medium high heat. Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil and fry the pork pieces until they are brown. A good 5-7 minutes will do.
- Now, place the shrimp into the mixture and season with Knorr Liquid Seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook the shrimp until it turns pink or give it a good 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp and pork and place them on top of a tray or plate lined with paper towels. Change the oil from the pan and replace it with a new one.
- Throw in the garlic and onion and cook until the garlic is slightly brown and onions are translucent. Gently add the tomato, green beans and eggplant and cook until the vegetables are soft to touch.
- Pour Knorr Chicken broth and mashed pumpkin and stir until you can see bubbles from the sauce.
- Add the pork and shrimp back to the pan, reduce the heat and stir in the cream. Just give this 5 more minutes at a very low heat to avoid the cream from curdling. At this point, you will see the sauce thickening. Season this with Knorr Liquid Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- To get the maximum flavour of your pasta, toss them into the sauce and cook at low heat for about a minute or two.
- Now, transfer to a serving plate and serve with toasted bread and parmesan cheese on top.
- With creativity and nutrition on your mind, you create this wonderful, healthy and delicious meal in one. Your family will truly be grateful!