Beef Lomi Recipe
This simple and delicious dish uses the rich taste of beef mixed with bell pepper, onions and garlic, cooked in a savory broth served with lomi noodles.
You can adjust the consistency and thickness of your soup by adding and removing some of the flour mixture, or slurry. Ading more slurry to the soup will eventually make the soup thicker.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp white onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 pc green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 pc red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 50 g beef sukiyaki, cut into strips
- 3 -4 cups water
- 1 pc Knorr Beef Cube
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 130 g lomi noodles
- 3 tbsp flour dissolved in 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 stalk spring onion
- 1 tbsp ginger, pound
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- Cooking Lomi can be quite challenging but with these easy to do steps, you’ll have Beef Lomi in no time!
- Begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion, garlic and half of the bell peppers.
- Gently add the rice wine and beef and just stir for a minute.
- Add water and Knorr Beef Cube and give this a nice boil then reduce heat and simmer. Using a slotted spoon, skim off any impurities that rise to the surface.
- We’re almost there! You just need to add the flavorings like the soy sauce and oyster sauce next before adding the lomi noodles and flour mixture. Finally, stir in the cabbage, spring onions, and sesame oil and that’s it! Our Beef Lomi is ready for the taking. Just top it with chopped spring onions and bell peppers.