This Cebu classic simple and delicious dish uses the rich taste of chicken, sweet chorizo and garden fresh vegetables, tossed with egg noodles.
Bam-i is simple and quick to make so make sure that you have all the ingredients and pans prepared and ready for cooking before starting the dish.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp achuete
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pc chorizo, sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken breast, sliced
- 6 pcs suaje, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 pcs. Knorr Shrimp Cubes
- 300 g. noodles (mami & bihon)
- 1/4 pc carrot
- 1 bunch pechay, sliced
- Serve with: sliced hardboiled egg & calamansi
- Begin by extracting the color of atsuete by combining 2 tablespoons of oil with 1 tablespoon of atsuete in a sautépan. Turn the heat to medium and leave the seeds to cook. Discard the seeds once it turns dark in color.
- Throw in the onions, and garlic until you can smell the lovely aroma of the thoroughly cooked vegetables. Continue by dropping the chorizo, chicken breast, and suaje. Saute until the meat and vegetables are cooked through.
- Pour in the water and bring this to a boil before adding the Knorr Shrimp Cubes. Give this a quick but gentle stir.
- Finally, throw in the noodles and vegetables and toss to fully mix and to cook them evenly. Taste the cooked noodles and adjust the flavour by adding enough salt and pepper.
- Decorate the noodles with slices of hard-boiled egg on top and calamansi on the side.
- This pancit dish is ready and best shared with the family.