Spaghetti Palabok Recipe
This dish that uses Spaghetti noodle combined with the thick sauce has a right balance of savory and salty flavors coming from the shrimp and tinapa.
Kitsay (Celery) is rich in Vitamin C which helps prevent colds and boost the immune system. It is also a good source of potassium and antioxidants that help regulate the processes in the body.
- 2 pcs Knorr Shrimp Broth Cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 pack Knorr Royal Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup atsuete seeds
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup leftover rice
- 1 tsp kinchay
- 1/4 cup tinapa,cooked & flaked
- 1/4 cup chicharo, crushed
- 2 pcs hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Let’s begin by making a broth from Knorr Shrimp Cubes and water. Bring this to a boil and cook the Knorr Royal Spaghetti for 12 minutes. Remove the noodles and set this aside while reserving the broth.
- Palabok will not be Palabok without the orange color. In order to achieve that color you need to cook the atsuete seeds and oil together in a pan until it turns red or orange in color. Discard the atsuete seeds but set aside the atsuete oil.
- Plunge the shrimp into the pasta broth and boil until the shrimp turns pink. Take the shrimp out and set aside. Reserve the broth again.
- For the next step, transfer the broth in a blender with the atsuete oil, leftover rice, kinchay and blend until thick and smooth.
- Next, transfer the mixture in a pot or pan and just keep it heated. Now that the sauce is done, we can start plating our palabok.
- Arrange the spaghetti in a platter and spread the sauce on top of the noodles. Garnish with cooked shrimp, tinapa, chicharon and cooked egg slices and that’s our dish!
- There’s always something to celebrate when you have Spaghetti Palabok at home. Rejoice in the company of friends, family and fabulously delicious food.