Good Vibes Pork Lomi
This classic comfort food recipe combines the rich taste of pork, shrimp and vegetables, simmered in the flavorful Knorr pork broth, mixed with lomi noodles.
You can adjust the consistency and thickness of your soup by adding and removing some of the cornstarch mixture, or slurry. Adding more slurry to the soup will eventually make the soup thicker.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pc small-sized onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 100 g pork boiled and cut into thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken or squid balls, quartered
- 50 grams shrimps, peeled
- 2 pcs Knorr Pork Broth Cube
- 4 cups water
- 300 g lomi noodles, washed under water and drained well
- 1 pc medium-sized carrot, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Sliced spring onions
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup cornstarch, dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 2 pc egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Pour some oil and sauté onions and garlic until soft and slightly browned.
- Add pre-boiled pork and chicken/squid balls and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add shrimps and Knorr Pork Broth Cubes. Add water and let boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add lomi noodles and continue to simmer for another 5-8 minutes before adding the carrots and cabbage.
- Pour in dissolved cornstarch while continually stirring to thicken that soup and let it simmer.
- Pour in beaten egg. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes then season with pepper.
- Just like home, you will always come back for more of Good Vibes Pork Lomi.