Chicken Pancit Bihon Recipe
This Filipino classic dish uses the rich flavors of chicken and shrimp mixed with garden fresh vegetables and chorizo, tossed in Pancit Bihon noodles.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp. achuete
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pc. chorizo, sliced
- ¼ cup chicken breast, sliced
- 6 pcs. suaje, chopped
- 2½ cups water
- 2 pcs. Knorr Shrimp Cubes
- 300 g. noodles (mami & bihon)
- ¼ pc. carrot
- 1 bunch pechay, sliced
- Serve with sliced hardboiled egg and calamansi
- What makes pancit enticing to eat is the color that comes from the atchuete seeds. First, you need to get a pan and place the achuete seeds and oil in. To extract the color, turn the heat on to medium and allow this to sizzle. When you see the seeds losing their orange color and eventually turning dark, it’s time to remove and discard them. You now have the achuete oil ready.
- Now, using the same pan, throw in the onion and garlic and sauté until they give off a nice aroma. Then, gently place the chorizo, chicken breast and suaje in. Continue to sauté until cooked through.
- The next step is to prepare the sauce by pouring in the water and allowing this to boil before adding Knorr Shrimp Cubes.
- Only a few more steps and this dish is done! You just need to drop in the noodles and vegetables and give these a good stir.
- Check to taste if the flavour is balanced then you can serve your pancit with a topping of hardboiled egg and a side of calamansi.
- There’s always something to celebrate with pancit, especially when the family is complete. So, kick off the week or start your weekend in party mode with all of the family members eating together at the table.