Make the Viral Swedish Meatball Sisig at Home
Satisfy your curiosity and your cravings by making this Swedish Meatball Sisig inspired by the popular Swedish furniture brand. With a handful of ingredients, you can make this dish with a delicious fusion of flavors even better at home. Part of what makes sisig so iconic, even non-traditional versions of it, are the addicting crispy bits. Meatballs don’t usually crisp up well so we included a few options on how you can add that crunch while still using those yummy Swedish meatballs as your base.
Use pork belly for an added crunch and meatiness to this recipe but if you’re pressed for time, adding more chicharon bits at the end is a great substitute. You can also use tofu in place of pork belly for a healthier, yet still crunchy, alternative.
- 3 tbsps vegetable oil, separated
- 20 - 25 pcs Swedish meatball
- 3 tbsps Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 3 tbsps calamansi juice
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 3 pcs garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pc siling labuyo (optional)
- to taste Knorr Liquid Seasoning Chili
- 1/2 cup leftover chopped pork belly or pork
- 6 tbsps Lady's Choice Real Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chicharon bits