Beef Morcon to Celebrate the New Year
Welcome to the new year! Keep the holiday festivities going with a celebratory Filipino-style morcon. This beef roll gets its name from a type of Spanish chorizo, but it uses a different set of ingredients and follows a distinct cooking method. This morcon recipe keeps it traditional: it starts with a layer of thinly cut beef, then eggs, hot dogs, carrots, and pickles go on top.
Everything is rolled and seared until the meat develops a flavorful brown crust. It comes with a slightly tangy, umami-filled tomato sauce for balance. With all the textures and flavors in this dish, your taste buds are in for a treat. Think of it as starting the year with more fireworks!
Marinate your beef for longer to effectively tenderize it.
- 2 tbsp calamansi juice
- 1/4 cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 2 kg beef, cut thinly into one big piece
- 3 pcs hot dogs, sliced lengthwise
- 2 pcs hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 3-4 pcs whole pickles, sliced into thick strips
- 1 pc carrot, peeled and sliced into thick strips
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 pcs onions, sliced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 Knorr Beef Cube
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Wheat Free