Chicken a la King to Pair With Rice or Pasta
Pinoys love creamy comfort food. There’s sopas for rainy days, carbonara for potlucks, and chicken a la king for when you’re feeling indulgent. Despite its regal name, it’s a humble dish using everyday ingredients. In fact, most traditional versions are just chicken and mushrooms in a white sauce.
In the ’60s, American home cooks started adding colorful veggies to liven it up – and the version stuck. Classic chicken a la king recipes also featured egg yolks and roux as thickeners. This one uses mayonnaise to achieve the same effect with less fuss. Try it out! It is so versatile that you can enjoy it with every carb imaginable.
Add grated cheese to make it extra creamy and savory!
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pc medium white onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced red and green bell peppers
- 1 pc Knorr Chicken Cube
- 1/2 tsp finely ground pepper
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- 2 cups water (or pasta water)
- 1/4 cup Lady’s Choice Real Mayonnaise