Pork Dumpling Recipe for Steaming or Frying
There’s a scene in the hit novel-turned-movie Crazy Rich Asians that revolved around pork dumplings. In it, protagonists Nick and Rachel sit around a table with some key relatives preparing a well-guarded dumpling recipe. “You put the baby in bed. You tuck, tuck, tuck. Same on the other side. You give him a kiss goodnight,” explains the dashing bachelor to his girlfriend, unsuccessful with her initial attempts.
This clip highlights the intangible values of bonding together as a family and making traditions out of homemade food. Try this recipe so you can follow suit and achieve the same with your loved ones. Learning how to make dumplings can’t get any more rewarding!
Try this cooking method: arrange dumplings in a flat pan, drizzle oil and some water, cover, and cook until steamed and the bottoms are crisp.
- 500 g lean ground pork
- 200 g shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cube, dissolved in 2 tbsp warmed sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing, Chinese, or any cooking wine
- 1/4 tsp finely ground pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped leeks
- 1 pack store-bought, frozen, and round dumpling or siomai wrappers
- For the chili-mansi dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 1 tbsp calamansi juice
- 1 tbsp store-bought chili-garlic sauce or 1 pc siling labuyo, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil