Quick Picadillo Recipe for Every Day
Are you a busy Pinoy with barely enough time to cook for yourself? Master this picadillo recipe to enjoy tasty meals even on your most hectic days! Picadillo is a Spanish-inspired dish with sautéed ground meat as its main ingredient. Many Latin American cuisines have their takes, with some cooking it with annatto oil while others add olives and capers. Traditional Filipino picadillo recipes feature ground beef, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, green peas, and other pantry staples on the roster. They come together in a single pan and don't require fancy techniques or precision. Super easy and ideal for quick, casual lunches at home!
Use ground pork or chicken as healthier, more affordable alternatives to ground beef.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 pc medium red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 pc Knorr Beef Cube
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 pcs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 pc carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add ground beef and Knorr Beef Cube. Cook until color changes.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water. Allow to simmer.
- Season with sugar and pepper. Add salt, if needed. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and raisins. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in frozen peas. Serve warm.
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy
- Wheat Free