A Budget Ulam for All Seasons: Pininyahang Pork Giniling
Ground pork is always a reliable choice when you want a budget ulam. You can cook it with tomato sauce, potatoes, and carrots to make a simple picadillo or mix it with egg for a quick Pinoy torta. It's also the main component of lumpiang shanghai, an affordable party staple. Love sweet and savory together? Try this recipe for pininyahang pork giniling. This flavorful dish features ground pork, pineapples, raisins, and umami-packed seasonings. It cooks in just 20 minutes, requires minimal kitchen know-how, and comes together in one pan. It's a lifesaver in every way – time, money, and effort. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cube
- 1/2 kg ground pork
- 1 pc carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Sauté onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Crumble Knorr Pork Cube into the pan and mix until dissolved. Add ground pork and cook until lightly browned.
- Add carrots, green peas, raisins, and pineapple tidbits. Sauté over high heat until meat and vegetables are cooked and tender.
- Season with Knorr Liquid Seasoning and ground black pepper to taste. Serve hot.