Bicol Express Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Bicol Express. This dish balances the flavors of pork and spicy chilies made special with Knorr Pork Cubes.
Lower down the heat after adding the coconut milk mixture, and do not let the mix boil because this might curdle and break up the cream.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil, as needed
- 1 pc onion chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste (not sweet)
- ½ kg pork, cut into thin strips
- 1 (40 g) pack Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix dissolved in 1-½ cups water
- 6 pcs green chillies, sliced
- In a medium sized pot, get it nice and hot on medium-high heat. When hot enough, pour in a little oil and throw in the onions, garlic, ginger and shrimp paste.
- Mash the shrimp paste and sauté the vegetables until you can smell the lovely aroma from the combined ingredients.
- It’s time to add the pork. Allow the pork to cook for just a minute together with the aromatics (onions, garlic and ginger) to remove the gamey taste of the meat.
- You may now pour the dissolved Knorr Complete Recipe Mix Ginataang Gulay and bring this to a boil. Adjust your heat to low and cook this to simmer before adding the chilies. Stir once in a while then finish by cooking the pork until tender.
- Serve this dish hot but make sure you have enough rice for your family because they will definitely crave for more.