Rellenong Sili Recipe
This dish combines the rich taste of ground pork mixed with sweet chorizo and green peas, stuffed and baked in bell peppers which add flavor to the dish.
To reduce the baking time for the stuffed bell peppers, you can place the bell peppers in the microwave and heat for a few minutes, until soft. Do this before adding the pork mix stuffing. This will prevent the bell pepper from being soggy.
- large bell peppers, trimmed to form cups
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ kg. ground pork
- 1 pc. onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 pcs. Knorr Pork Cube
- 4 pcs. chorizo, chopped
- mixed greens, chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 3 pcs. egg, beaten
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- grated cheese, as needed
- Begin by grabbing a pan and getting it nice and hot over medium high heat. Throw in the onion and garlic and cook them until the vegetables give off a nice aroma.
- Next, Add the Knorr Pork Cubes, mash them and mix them well before adding chorizo. Sauté this for 2 minutes.
- Now, add the ground pork and sauté until cooked through. Gently place the green peas and mixed greens and season with Knorr Liquid Seasoning and black pepper.
- Turn off the heat and pour the beaten eggs in. Stuff bell peppers with the pork mixture, cover the top with grated cheese and bake or toast until the cheese melts.
- Serve Rellenong Sili to your family and see the smiles on their faces when you serve something as pretty and as delicious as this.