Pork and Beans Recipe
This dish uses the rich taste of sautéed pork mixed with beans and carrots cooked in a sweet coconut milk infused pork sauce with added spice.
When cooking with coconut milk, remember to monitor your heat. Avoid having the dish at high heat to prevent the dish from boiling. Keep the heat to a simmer to prevent the coconut milk from breaking.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 siling labuyo chopped (reduce to ½ or 1 sili if serving to kids or adults who don’t like spicy)
- 200 g ground lean pork
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cube
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 kilogram Baguio beans, washed (sliced into pieces barely ½-inch-wide)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by getting your pan nice and hot over medium heat. Add some oil and sauté garlic and onion. Add siling labuyo and the lean ground pork, stirring as you lightly brown the meat.
- Add the coconut milk and Knorr Pork Broth Cubes. Bring the mixture to a steady simmer. Add the diced carrots.
- Once you see the oil separating from the milk, turn the flame to medium-low and add the Baguio beans.
- Let simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, until the beans are tender yet still firm.
- Season with salt and pepper and that's it! Pork and beans will always remind you of home. Simple and comforting.