Tinumis Puti Recipe
This traditional Nueva Ecija dish comines the rich and deeep flavor of beef with the fresh vegetables, served in a tamarind based sour soup.
You can also create this dish in the traditional Nueva Ecija Tinumis version with Pork blood. Just add 240 ml of Pork blood after adding the Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix then let the liquid simmer.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 pcs medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 kilogram beef camto, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 -3 cups water
- 20 g (1 pack) Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix Original
- 1 cup radish, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sayote, cut into thin strips
- Begin by getting a pan and making it nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the garlic, onions and tomatoes. Sauté until the vegetables give off a nice aroma before adding the beef. Cook the beef until it’s light brown in color.
- Next, pour the water and bring to a boil and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes. Remember to remove the scum that raises to the top of the liquid to keep the broth clear.
- After 30 minutes, add the Knorr Sinigang sa Sampalok Mix and continue to simmer until the beef is fork tender.
- Radish and sayote cooks easily that’s why you only add them when the beef is tender. Once added, another 5 minutes is good just to cook the vegetables before you can finally enjoy this wonderful dish!
- Your family will definitely feel good when you serve Tinumis Puti. It has that wonderful sour taste that is perfect with rice. Try it today!
- Egg Free
- Nut Free
- Suitable For Pregnancy