Spicy Humba Recipe
This Chinese inspired pork dish combines the rich flavors of pork with the sweet and sour flavors of pineapple mixed with vinegar topped with steamed Bok Choi.
Black beans are a good source of fiber and can help regulate digestion and help you reduce weight.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 pc medium onion, chopped
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cubes
- 1/4 kilogram liempo, 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp black beans
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- water,as needed
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 pc chilis, deseeded and sliced
- 1/4 cup banana blossoms
- Optional: Serve with steamed Bok-Choi or Spinach on the side
- Begin by making your pan nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the onion and garlic, then add Knorr Pork Cubes. Add the liempo and black beans and sauté for a minute.
- The next step is to pour the vinegar next and let this simmer uncovered to remove the strong vinegar taste, before adding the pineapple juice, water, brown sugar, soy sauce, chilies, and banana blossoms.
- Now, cook this while covered until pork is fork tender and sauce thickens. Taste if seasoning needs adjustments.
- Make room for this recipe in your stomach because you will definitely eat more rice than usual.