Sinuglaw Salmon Recipe
This appetizer dish can be enjoyed cold. It uses the rich flavor of salmon cooked in vinegar, combined with grilled pork belly and fresh vegetables.
In preparing this dish, don’t use an aluminium bowl in soaking the salmon in with the vinegar because when aluminium and acid come in contact, it creates a chemical reaction and will make the food toxic.
- ¼ kg salmon, cut into small chunks
- ¼ kg pork belly (liempo), cut into strips
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp. cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp. green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 whole red onion, peeled and thinly sliced (julienned)
- 2 pieces red chili pepper
- Vegetable oil for the wet rub (you can use olive oil)
- 1 pc Knorr Pork Cubes for the wet rub
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Let’s begin by making a marinade. Start by diluting some Knorr Pork Cubes in olive oil, then rub it all over the pork belly. After 5 minutes, char grill the pork belly until cooked through and cut the belly into thin slices that measure around ½” to 1”. Set these aside.
- Next, place the salmon and vinegar in a glass bowl or any food grade bowl, and soak them for 8 minutes. IMPORTANT TIP: Don’t use an aluminium bowl in soaking the salmon in with the vinegar because when aluminium and acid come in contact, it creates a chemical reaction and will make the food toxic.
- Now, combine the cucumber, green and red bell peppers, and onion. Add the grilled pork belly in and mix thoroughly.
- Give your Sinuglaw a good sprinkle of Knorr Liquid Seasoning and add salt and pepper if preferred.
- Enjoy Sinuglaw Salmon cold as an appetizer or as a snack, it will surely refresh your day.