Pork Igado Recipe
Create our delicious and easy to follow recipe for Pork Igado. This dish uses the rich flavors of pork, mixed with sukang Iloco, chili and flavorful aromatics.
To keep the pork cuts tender, maintain the heat to medium setting so it can slowly cooks the pork cuts.
- ½ kg pork liver cut into strips (1 pork liver is at least 1/2 kilos)
- ½ kg pork belly (liempo) (ask your butcher to cut your pork belly to 1” strips)
- ½ cup of sukang Iloco (or you can use cane vinegar)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 whole white onion, peeled and minced
- ⅔ cup finger chili
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ Knorr Pork Cube
- 1 cup water
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 1 ½ tbsp red chili pepper (siling labuyo) (optional)
- Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Begin by grabbing a pan and making it nice and hot over medium high heat. Pour some oil and throw in the garlic and onion and cook them until the garlic is slightly brown in color and onions are translucent.
- Gently place the pork belly and liver in and stir-fry for at least 5 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup water then add 1/2 Knorr Pork Cubes, sukang Iloco and soy sauce together with bay leaf and simmer until meats are tender.
- For that punch of flavour, drop in the finger chilli and red chilli pepper in. With a sprinkle of Knorr Liquid Seasoning, salt and pepper, this dish is finally complete!
- Taste it and be satisfied with the delicious goodness of Pork Igado. It’s a totally filling meal that your family will surely enjoy!